Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Matthew 19:14
During His earthly ministry, Jesus repeatedly showed that children hold a special place in His heart. They have a simple faith that Jesus said that adults would be wise to emulate.
Through the various children's programs that we offer, we seek to encourage that faith, build a strong spiritual foundation that may last the rest of their lives, and show them the special love that Jesus has for them.
The children's programs are divided into three main types: Sunday morning programs, which run all year long; Wednesday evening programs, which run from September through May; and special programs.
The Sunday morning programs include a secure, well-staffed nursery for infants and toddlers, Sunday School during the second hour (9:30-10:30), and Children's Church during the first (8:00-9:00) and third (11:00-12:00) hours. Through the school year, Wednesday nights feature Good News Club for 3- and 4-year-olds and Awana Clubs for Kindergarten through Grade 6. Special programs are held on various schedules, though most occur annually. They include Vacation Bible School, music and craft camps, children's musicals, a Harvest Party, and At-Home Bible Studies.
In any job, in order to effectively evaluate your performance, you have to establish a set of goals. Teaching your children about Jesus, the Bible, and the beginnings of faith is a very important job. For that reason, we have set the following goals for ourselves when teaching, caring for, and interacting with your children.
- We want to partner with parents to help train your children in God's Word.
- We want children to learn about Jesus and have the opportunity to trust Him as their personal Savior.
- We want children to have their lives constructed on the foundation of Biblical teaching and age-appropriate application of these truths.
- We want children to love and trust people as relationships are made.
- We want to provide effective learning and training to build effective future leaders and teachers with unshakable foundations.